KARL LAGERFELD reveals its new store concept that has been developed under the creative leadership of the designer. The concept is blending edgy modern and classic, shiny and matt elements, playing with iconic compositions inspired by the vision of the designer. Black, white, mirrors and walls of light will form the backdrop for the distinctive product presentation, the store concept is centered around an exciting and elaborate digital experience – the virtual Window to KARL LAGERFELD.
The first store with this new concept opened in Paris in March 1st 2013, the designer has chosen the area that is connected to him like no other: 194 Boulevard St Germain, located in the heart of St Germain des Près in Paris, only a few meters away from the “Hotel Particulier” headquarters of the brand, in the charming and famous shopping street which is home to a number of prestigious boutiques, the KARL LAGERFELD store brings the designer’s pronounced aesthetic to life.
Karl Lagerfeld: “For me, the 7th arrondissement is the center of the world, I couldn’t imagine starting with a shop anywhere else”.
Positioned as trend-focused, accessible luxury brand with ready to wear and accessories for women’s and men’s the new store concept leverages Karl Lagerfeld's iconic image. The concept is developed to carry the complete range of ready to wear and accessories of the fashion house whilst leaving room to experience the World of Karl with a unique assortment of objects, including sunglasses, watches, and other iconic and limited items curated by Karl Lagerfeld such as photography and design books among other surprising items…
The journey through the “KARL LAGERFELD” experience takes the consumer through over 200 sqm of its elaborate and iconic design, starting on the ground floor with showcasing the accessories line, composed of bags, leather goods, shoes, eyewear and watches and will lead on to the couturier’s various collaborations, and unique items to get to the women’s and men’s ready-to-wear lines which occupy part of the ground and first floor of the flagship store.
Pier Paolo Righi, CEO KARL LAGERFELD: “The development of a strong retail portfolio is a key element of our strategy. I’m extremely excited that the first store will open in a location that is so close to the man himself and to the core of our brand. This store will bring our vision to life and I’m looking forward to soon announce further openings.”
DIGITAL – A Virtual Window to KARL LAGERFELD.
Following the digital launch of the KARL LAGERFELD womens RTW line in January 2012, the brand, while expanding its retail network, maintains a high affinity and connection to the digital world… The Paris store as well as future stores come with an all-new way for consumers to connect with the multi-faceted brand. Providing an unparalleled in-store digital experience, customers will be able connect and experience the brand with technology advanced components. 2
- To get in touch with Karl via a digital guestbook, as well as utilize a digital photo-booth, interactive screen, online check-out along with many other technologically advanced components:
- The Guestbook: to get in touch with KARL iPads will enable the visitors to discover the universe of the brand, the various collections and news, the latest videos and to surf the brands website but also take pictures of their favorite items and share or leave a note to the brand and to the designer. - Connected to a multimedia screen located in the back center of the store the iPads can interact with the content it displays.
- The Photobooth: built-in touchscreens in the fitting rooms will offer the customers the chance to capture their look and apply different kind of Karl Inspired Filters to their photo and share it on their Facebook or Twitter account, or send it by email.
- The Looks: IPad minis, integrated into the racks will allow the visitor to explore the entire collections and get inspired by the looks and styling.
- The Check Out: finally for those who wish, the payment will be made on a mobile device. There is no longer the need to go to the counter!