New all-in-one POS solution and all-imaging bi-optic scanner are ready for business
AUGSBURG/DUESSELDORF, Germany, February 17, 2014 – NCR Corporation, the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, announced today two significant advances in retail technology at EuroShop: a sleek, fully integrated point-of-sale (POS) solution and an all-imaging bi-optic scanner.
Both solutions are designed to provide retailers with innovative technology that helps provide competitive differentiation by enabling exceptional in-store shopping experiences.
“As a trusted advisor to retailers of all sizes, we are constantly looking for ways to deliver software, hardware and services that go beyond expectations and create a one-stop shop for our customers,” says Stefan Clemens, Area Sales Leader, NCR Retail.
Globally, NCR is the leader in consumer transaction technologies including retail self-checkout technology and POS terminals with more than a million touchpoints in service. NCR POS solutions handle more than 125,000 transactions per minute. The new imagers and POS solutions are designed to improve operations and fit within the existing footprint of previous NCR devices.
The NCR RealScan™ 79 Bi-Optic Imager
- Reads 1D, 2D and Mobile bar codes fast and efficiently.
- Provides high-performance imaging, and boasts the largest scan zone in its class.
- Enables the ability to improve store security, provide real-time scanner feedback to managers, simplify cashier training and stream live images and videos.
The NCR RealPOS XR7™
- It features a stylish all-in-one design with best-in-class performance, exceptional versatility, plus the ruggedness and data security retailers need for mission-critical store environments.
- Available with either a 15” or an 18.5” multi-touch display, the RealPOS XR7 offers a flexible platform ideal for use as either a point-of-sale (POS) solution or as a kiosk.
- It’s the first POS terminal to be powered by the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family and delivers exceptional performance for today’s solutions as well as those to come.
“Intel and NCR have been working together for 30 years to make the everyday consumer transactions faster and more reliable,” says Joe Jensen, general manager of retail solutions at ISG/Intel. “Our 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family delivers a rich client experience for promotional video and graphics that power many loyalty program initiatives at the point-of-sale. The Active Management technology embedded into the processor greatly improves the ability to accommodate advanced diagnostics – elevating the ability to remotely diagnose and correct problems and minimize downtime.”