At EuroShop 2002, I.D. Systems AG displays various opportunities that the implementation of an identification system can offer when installed in a shopping cart. The IIS product demonstration takes place in hall 3 stand 3G 69.
The advantages of IIS for the supermarket operator are:
- customer counting and tracking
- the detection of customers in a certain shopping area
- customers behaviour analyses
The resulting possibiliŽties for the product supplier are:
- specific placement of commercials and advertisement
- determine the best place, time and duration of a commercial via detailed placement ananlyses
- analyses of the (changing) shopping behaviour
- targeted sales promotion right at the point of sale
The main technological component of this system is the well known ExID Identification System, a semi-passive radio frequency system which works in the frequency range of 2.45 GHz.