Successful since 1898 C.Adolph from Berlin – a well-known name in the theatre world for stage screws, “duck-bill” braces, scissor clamps and scenery hinges that are in use on stages throughout Europe. Today, these and many other products are still supplied by the same company under a different name. C.Adolph has been a member of the DTHG – the German association for theatre technology – since 1 April 1958, and is still actively involved in it. Many changes have taken place in the years since the company first became a member – and C.Adolph have changed with the times as well.
Founded in 1898 in West Berlin, in the direct neighbourhood of the theatres in Charlottenburg and the centre of Berlin, C.Adolph is still located at the original shop at Savignyplatz. Nowadays, the former ironmonger and hardware business is run by the Savary family and the store has become a tourist attraction – and one of Berlins historic institutions.
C.Adolph & RST – a successful cooperation Since the beginning of the 1990s, the company has been working together with RST, a cooperation publicised by joint appearances at the Showtech fair. In contrast with C.Adolphs long tradition, RST is a relatively young organisation from Hagen which has already succeeded in gaining an excellent reputation in the field of lighting and stage technology. It is the number one distributor for Prolyte aluminium trussing in Germany, the exclusive importer of MDG fog generators from Canada, and a major agent for Selecon lighting systems and has been a competent partner to the event industry and in the amusement park sector throughout Germany since it started. The two companies joined forces as equal partners in 2005 when the C.Adolph business unit moved from Halver to Hagen and the internal organisation of the two companies was adapted to the new situation.